Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What do you do when its cold and snowing and ridiculously windy?

Sail of course! I mean, what else would you do in weather like that? So essentially it was just ridiculous, and I may or may not have been sailing for my life, cause me and my skipper are not heavy weather. But it turned out fine, noone died and well, it continued to snow. As for this past weekend it went wellish. I didn't like the person I sailed with, I thought they did a poor job as a skipper. On the other hand, me and Maddie and Alex (my sailing friends) now have something to laugh about all the time (aka the way josh talk s and what he says etc.) Anyhoo on Saturday it was gusting up to 40 knots (74km/h) and they did actually postpone it for about an hour because everyone was capsizing and not really getting anywhere, meaning quite an unproductive race. And sunday was slightly better, but only slightly. We had some almost good races, but somehow Josh always seemed to lose us a couple spots when we had the potential to do decently well. Meh. Got bakc on Monday morning at 3am, took us about 11ish hours, including many stops, so we pretty much cut off a couple of hours from the way there. But dont ask how. Also ODU is a really nice university, with its own sailing centre and a boathouse for their fleets of like 20FJs and I dunno, like 1o lasers. And the its H-oween. Thursday will be the sailing social, themed dead toga (how the romans look today) and friday I am undecided on a costume, maybe librarian, maybe pirate....maybe pirate librarian. Who knows....

No comments: