Sunday, November 02, 2008

... GET OFF THE INTERWEBNETS AND GO STUDY. GAWWRRGGHH.

The title pretty much sums it all up. Lucky for me it's a SUNDAY. Some infotainment for you:
  • I feel a bit like crying when I think about the upcoming week. I know I promise I wasn't going to complain about school this semester... but I have my Vector Calculus midterm, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies I midterm, and Computer Aided Analysis II midterm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday respectively. Because I'm stupid, studying for these three is much like banging your head against a metal wall (yes, the wall MUST be metal). It's incredibly painful, and generally fruitless. I spent about four (sporadic) hours studying the Taylor Series yesterday and all I have to show for it is the ability to solve an approximation incorrectly past the first iteration. Whatever, I'm fully switching into midwifery. Thoughts on this?

  • Creeping around our blog results in the following: I have noticed that in September we had 26 entries. This is excellentastic. However, in October we had only 13 entries. Now, being the amazing math student that I obviously am, *secretly whips out calculator and pecks at it very slowly* that is TWICE as many entries in September as in October. I blame Emily and her grand total of like one post. Let's pick it up.

  • I'm obsessed with the X Factor. For those of you who don't know what that is (i.e. ... all of you), it's basically a kind of American-Idol-ish show in the UK (everything in the UK is better) and Simon Fuller is definitely one of the judges. And Cheryl Cole (i.e. wife of Major Jerkface Cashley Cole and amazingly horrific singer in Girls Aloud, a less talented and less campy version of the Spice Girls) is definitely another one of the judges. And Danni Minogue (i.e. Kylie Minogue's sister) is definitely one of the other judges. And Louis Walsch (i.e. WESTLIFE'S MANAGER EEEE!) is definitely the other judge. Anyways, it's like American Idol except better because instead of just people bands and groups and stuff can also enter and you know who was an X Factor winner awhile ago? Leona Lewis, you know, who sang Bleeding Love? It's also better because it ends right before Christmas and then the winner releases a song and everyone waits to see if it wins the UK Christmas number one cause that's like a huge deal and it's always like OMG WHO IS GOING TO WINNIT WE DON'T KNOW (and one year Bob the Builder definitely beat Westlife). Anyways, so yes, it's a very excellent show and I wish that it came on the teletube here so I wouldn't have to watch it on Youtube. And people would know what I was talking about when I talk about it. If you want to hear a very excellent singer you should YouTube Diana Vickers. She does funny things with her hands when she sings and uptalks the lyrics weirdly but she's good anyways.

  • I'm going to sit here patiently and wait for Amy to make a post making fun of me for this post. I don't just expect it, I anticipate it. Don't disappoint me, Hucal.

1 comment:

heaz said...

well according to brenda you burn 150 cals in an hour banging your head against the wall... so at least you are getting in some good exercise.. i think i will be 5 pounds by the end of the year just from doing that. =P