Sunday, November 16, 2008

Novemburrr (but not really cause its not that cold as of late)

Welll. I dunno. Last weekend I went to New Jersey for a regatta and it was totally worth it. Like our team got second place and we had a chance for first but me and my skipper had a reeeaaallly bad race (17th amongst many of our first place finishes, but I must say it was not completely our fault), kinda because the other boat got stuck on our boat and any chance we had of catching up to the boats in front of us dissappeared like cookies in a room full of fat kids. Anyhoo. It was good and I pretty much didn't have to spend any money on food for the whole weekend, which left me some to spend at duty free, aka why is alcohol so cheap when its at duty free? Who knows, but its good that way. Which I guess leads to this weekend. (During the week I did nothing cause I have almost no work and now no sailing, which means I have way too much time on my hands and nothing to do during that time.) This weekend. Oh man. Friday night was the ushe, drink, go out whatevs. Some guys were playing century club, which means that they have to take a shot of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Its an engineer thing cause then they get a badge to put on their ridiculous leather jackets. Last night, uh people started playing flipcup at 4:30, maybe 5:00 in the afternoon. Yeah ridics. The guy took off his cupboard door and was using that on top of two chairs as the flipcup table, which a) got covered! in beer, b) had a great wall of china constructed down the middle of it using beer cans (it was 2 wide and 2 high and ran the entire length of the table, and a third layer was under construction, also the table was like 6 feet long) and c)got pulled down by the guy whos door it was because he was too drunk and always does stupid shit / makes an ass out of himself when he gets drunk. Then later (like 10?) we went out, couldn't get into Legendz cause its lame in the first place and last week or so they got busted by the cops for having minors in there, so now they double piece everyone, which I dont have. So no go. Meh. Well we decided to go home after that I guess and we did nothing and I went to sleep. Now, tonight. I know bad news. Why you ask? Sailing social. They are always bad news. This is aided by the fact that it is on a SUNDAY NIGHT. Always on the most inconvenient nights. BUt worth it all the same. We'll see. I may or may not be going to my morning classes tomorrow. P.S. Did everyone get the secret santa thing I gto my friend to send out??

No comments: