Thursday, September 18, 2008

What do you call a Sailing Team dressed as pirates? St. Lawrence Rowing Club

So this is what we like to call sailing rookie night. We were all required to dress as pirates as well as don our life jackets and meet up to go to a final destination. Once we were all gathered, we were made to line up, a learn some sort of wacko danse, don't even know. Well anyways, then we were made to move on. The preferred method of transportation they chose for us was leapfrog, which pretty much didnt last long, because there were way too many people, and well, it was kinda too hard to do, especially in high boots. Then they decided we could 'sail' to our location, and when they blew the whistle once we had to tack, and twice we had to do a 360. They also made us figure 8 some trees, and then walk backwards and row, and occasionally chant St. Lawrence rowing! And sometimes also stop to play knights and cavaliers. Well. Thats just getting there. Then we were made to line up in front of the house, in which we were going, and to go in one at a time, and when we went in, we had our names written on our faces, and our adresses and who was taking us home on our arms. Oh, and then they duct taped 40s of beer to our hands. Well one to each person. yay. Then followed other activities/shots/food things, such as Darling I love you (I am terrible at this and someone eventually, just offered to take my place, so I could stop taking sips of drink), uh, tabasco and vodka shots, banana smoothie vodka shots, uh and burnt cookies stuck together with wasabi sauce. Now what I don't remember and don't know if I had or not were the raw egg and vodka shots, as well as wasabi vodka shots. There was one other thing. The bucket. What the bucket consisted of was weak purple koolaid, vodka, with the unfortunate additions (not supposed to be in there, but poured in there by some dumb kids) of a tabasco shot and some beer. Yeah gross. What I'm also lucky that I missed was the vaseline in the hair. I saw some people the next day who told me about this event, and had their hair covered in the stuff, as well as some unlucky ones who got kitty litter in there too. Well, like I said I missed that, but that may be because I also don't remember half of the night. Like when I left the party, or when people were walking me home. You know, things like that. What a rough night. I got home at...uuuuh...8:30 in ther morning, and I went to sleep, and slept until the afternoon, until I was no longer drunk. Yeah guys. Low. I kept on hearing things that happened that I didn't know about, and I'm still trying to find out what else happened. But I do know that I am not drinking for at least another week, but we'll see when it comes to homecoming...........

No comments: